We needed a mini-vacation and only had 5 days. Where could we go for a true getaway? It had to be restful and not a long trip there and back. If it could be fun and different that would be a bonus. Bermuda! From Washington, little more than two hours flight time. Why didn’t we think of it before? We did, but everyone said it was too expensive. That stopped us, until we saw an amazing airfare sale. It was worth seeing if we could do it.
Where to stay? Salt Kettle House.
How to get around the island? Motorbike. We’d never done this before, and it was a blast!
What to do?
1) Visit a different beach every day.
2) Hop on the scooter and explore the island – visiting an Arts Centre at one end of the island (and buying these fabulous papier mache fish) and to St George at the other end.
3) Taking a little passenger ferry every evening for a 10 min ride to the capital, Hamilton, for dinner.
4) Trying Bermuda Chowder as often as possible and then finding the recipe to make it at home. We also picked up Gosling’s rum at the airport before we left. It’s an essential finishing touch…goes in the soup.
5) Visit the Zoo. Check out the flamingos!
We relive our trip to Bermuda almost every day as vacation photos flick across our computer screens. Pink sand…turquoise water…green foliage…tan smiling faces.
thanks for sharing via your blog, and thanks for visiting mine
We haven’t been to Bermuda …. so thanks for the tip and great suggestions! And yes, thanks for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere.