Hey! It’s a big country with countless roads going in every direction. How to choose which way to go?
We leave Washington, DC on December 27th. Our goal is to arrive in California 4 months later, and after a few months, continue to drive up the coast to Vancouver Island.
It was ridiculously easy to set the route. How did we do it? Set priorities first:
▪ Head south for a little warmth and a few beaches? Check out Key West. Yes!
▪ Throw in a few stops to visit friends and family along the way.
▪ Don’t forget great culinary stops like New Orleans, and Cedar Key, FL (for great chowder).
▪ Add detours to National Parks we’ve never been to: Big Bend, Carlsbad Caverns, Channel Islands.
▪ Definitely camp along the way in State Parks and National Forests.
▪ Linger in Tucson for a week.
Go ahead and mark each stop on the US map with a dot. The last and final step? Connect the dots! How easy is that?
(I’m afraid to ask – what we are going to miss?)